Switching it up: Whole Milk

by - June 14, 2012


Now that we are coming up on Ace's first birthday there are going to be some changes. First he is going to go from formula to whole milk.  We had first discussed going to Almond milk but it lacks the fat content for his growing brain so for now we will do Organic Whole Milk.

My main concern is how do I go about switching him over to whole milk? Do I just make the change? Ease him into it? Is there some magical change in his little tummy that makes it easier for him to start drinking whole milk at 12 months or can I start doing this gradually at 11 months or so?

Fellow mommies, I need your help! Yes, I know, I will speak to his pediatrician about this but what worked for you? What did you find made it easier on your little one?


You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I did a gradual change. Use 3/4 formula and 1/4 whole milk for a couple of days then go to half and half for a couple of days and so on. You are gradually transitioning his stomach to whole milk and it worked great for both of my girls. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I have no advice for you because my daughter is only 8 months old, but let me tell you, I am so excited for the day that I can switch her to whole milk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. I meant to tell you that I am following you from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete