Featured Friday: Craft Crazy Mom Maria!

by - June 01, 2012


Hi, I'm Maria! I'm the lady behind the scenes at Craft Crazy Mom. A mostly self taught crafter, DIYer, lover of fabrics and all things vintage. I also happen to be a proud Navy wife and mother to a little girl (with one on the way).

Give us a brief description of your blog and why you decided to start blogging in the first place.

The name pretty much says it all, Craft Crazy Mom. I like to share tutorials on fabulous furniture refinishes, my crafting exploits, as well as the insanity that can be my life. I originally started my blog for my small business Bijou Baby Boutique, but juggling a blog, business and family can be impossible and something had to give. Thankfully my wonderful business partner took over the production portion of the business which left me lots of time to spend with my amazing little one and time to do the things I love, crafting, design, and blogging. 


After seeing all your amazing DIY projects I have to wonder what inspired you to make such beautiful creations? 

 Every single thing I create is inspired by something different. Sometimes it's out of necessity, boredom, a pretty piece of fabric or a random idea I get in the shower, but the biggest inspiration by far is my daughter. I can help it, I love making fun and beautiful things for her. Although she's still a little young, she gets excited when she spots something new in her room. That inspires me to keep doing what I love, especially for her. 


What is your favorite piece so far? 

 That's a tough one. Would it be weird if I said I don't have a favorite? I craft ALL.THE.TIME. and if I'm not making something, I'm thinking about a new project. I do however have a special place in my heart for my furniture makeovers. I love being able to see and use something I spent so much time creating.


  Does your daughter, Vanessa, benefit from your creations? 


 Yes and no. I do create a lot of things for her, almost every piece of furniture in her room have been refabbed thrift store finds and the decor is almost 100% things I've crafted, but she's still a little young to understand. I guess I won't feel she benefits until she asks me for something she wants or needs and me being able to give it to her. 


 What has been her favorite piece? 

 Hands down the ottoman. She climbs and sits on that thing every day with a silly grin on her face. 

 How does your husband feel about your DIY projects?

Everyone needs an outlet for their energy to stay sane. We both understand that I need to be creating and crafting and that he needs to play sports. Although he may not be on board with some of my fabric choices or paint colors, he's always been supportive of my creative ventures. Lastly where can we find you so everyone can check out all your amazing projects. 

You can find me at: www.craftcrazymom.com
Twitter @diymaria
Facebook - facebook.com/craftcrazymom
Pinterest - pinterest.com/craftcrazymom


Next Friday we will be featuring Ashley from Our Happily Ever Afters

You May Also Like

0 comments