Featured Friday: Elise from I Heart Pears!

by - June 29, 2012

Hi, I’m Elise from I Heart Pears which focuses on sophisticated nursery and baby shower designs.  I love finding great ideas and walk my readers through rooms to point out where you can see great design.  Recently I have found so many great baby boy nurseries focused around a nautical theme.  Here are some great design boy nautical nurseries.
This gorgeous nursery was designed by Candice Olson which has so many great details all over this room.  My favorite thing in a nautical nursery is a compass placed on a ceiling around the ceiling light, which you can see really clearly in this picture.  The curtains have stripped panels and I love all of the pictures and art on the wall.  This room uses softer tones for a calm feeling in the room with sporadic bursts of reds for accents. Found at www.decorpad.com



In nautical nurseries I have found, many have navy blue on the walls and even with stripes.   This nursery below uses an equal width stripes with the navy blue and white going half way down the wall to the wainscoting (nursery from www.creativeinteriorsbg.blogspot.com).  I also love the sailboats hanging from the ceiling as a mobile, which would be a fun project to create, and the white furniture from the crib to the glider creates a clean and lighter look in the room.  


More great stripes in this room, this time the blue and white stripes are a different width.  This wall space has been used really well with matching black floating shelves, equally positioned around the crib, and a matching the black crib.  Above the stripes the designer placed the baby’s name in block white letters which stands out perfectly against the navy wall.  If the whole wall was painted navy blue, the room would feel really heavy, the white wainscoting breaks up the room and creates a lighter feeling.  (found on www.hgtv.com).




In this nautical nursery, the designed placed netting and rope in the corners and along the walls.  A common theme in these nurseries are stripes, and navy blue and white like we see in this nursery.  The designer for this nursery also used white furniture and focused more on a sky blue for the walls, crib bedding, rug, and glider cover.  (Found at www.mommiecouture.com).



In a nautical nursery, you can also use a whole mural on the wall like this beautiful lighthouse art.  The white furniture gives the room a soft feel and the anchor carpet on the floor really makes a statement and is great on the wooden floor.  If you look close you can find hints of baby blue from the knobs on the dresses, crib bedding, diaper hamper, and changing table.  (From www.projectnursery.com).




Here is another great navy blue room with white furniture.  The walls also have stripes on one of the walls along with stripes on the crib bedding.  My favorite thing is the starfish design on the wall.  This design might have to be placed a little higher when this little boy is older and can stand in his crib, but I love the idea of the paddle with the name and the starfish hanging down.  (From Chic Cheap Nursery).





Pottery Barn is always filled with ideas that inspire me.  This crib is positioned in a bay window and has blackout curtains to block in the light.  This room is beautiful with the curtains open and the pennant detail in the window really gives a little detail to this window space and acts a little bit like a mobile by the crib.  The accents from whales and anchors can be seen and this room has wooden accents from the crib, glider, and outline of the picture frames. (From Pottery Barn Kids).





Here is another brown crib with brown accents throughout the room.  I thought this nursery was unique because of the beautiful artwork on the wall behind the crib.  Definitely a focal point in this room. I like how this focal point wall has a deeper blue with light blue stripe going across, and the adjacent wall we see is that lighter color.  I also like the tan curtains that match the color of the glider. (From: www.roomzaar.com).


Here is another baby boy nursery with a compass around the ceiling light.  All around the walls and floor you see a tan/beige color giving the room a light feel.  The black crib is definitely the focal point from its position and bold color in the room.  I prefer a lighter feel in a nursery so I would have probably used a cream colored crib with navy sheets (to go with the navy accents all over).  Besides the compass on the ceiling, I love how the bookshelves are filled with items from lighthouses to sailboats.  So cute (from www.designdazzle.blogspot.com). 


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks so much for posting my article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, lovely! I love all of these trendy, well-coordinated designs! I am a complete, um, idiot when it comes to interior design, so my kids' rooms are a mish-mosh of colorful stuff they happened to like that I often found at the dollar store. But hey...they're happy, so that's what counts, right? (And I did spend big moula on one of those plastic moulded Thomas the Tank beds for my son when he was in his "Thomas" phase. So I guess that counts for something...LOL!).

    Anyway, thanks for stopping by my Facebook page and saying hello! I'm following your blog! Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

    Smiles, Jenn @Misadventures in Motherhood

    ReplyDelete