Overboard

by - June 30, 2012


I think I may have gone a bit overboard on Ace's birthday. We already have about 30 kids RSVP'd for the day. That is not including those who are probably just now or will get the invites next week. I am hoping it goes smoothly with that many kids. We have a huge age range as well. The youngest baby is about 7 months old I believe and then we have teenagers as well. 
Today Branden and I spent the morning cleaning out the office to make room for the blow up mattress for Branden's family that is staying with us, went through Ace's clothes, and then headed out to go buy some more birthday goodies. We picked up more goodie bags, animal crackers, candy, prizes, games, cotton candy, popcorn boxes and a bunch of other stuff. Then we grabbed some lunch at Froots, which is AMAZING and headed to my parents to go through all the birthday stuff, again! I of course forgot my list of kids coming so I could organize things by ages so instead of doing that we just separated things based on goodie bags and prizes. 
After that we headed home and put Ace down for his nap and got to work on his play kitchen. Branden had already got it all chopped up and put some doors on it for the fridge so we worked on priming it which was awful. I hate painting. Once the whole painting thing is done I think things will be more fun.  Branden and I were joking back and forth about who thought of doing this and I was like want to just go buy a already made one and we both laughed because it's just not our style. We rarely buy things new and we like to make things our own. Not only does it save us money but it makes our house feel comfy cozy to us. 
Here is the original tv stand and what it looked like before we primed it. I haven't taken a picture of it primed yet. 
Before

Work in Progress

As you can see Branden cut the middle top off and replaced the doors with plywood. The middle is where we are thinking of putting what looks like a stove top and a sink. To the left is the fridge and to the right we want to make a microwave. It is coming along! 




You May Also Like

0 comments