Make a Mess!

by - June 26, 2012

Splish Splash!
When I had my son I knew I wanted to raise him to enjoy life, have fun whenever possible and not be afraid of the world. I stand back and let him explore and try not to freak out with every bump or fall he takes. He is a strong little boy who rarely cries and smiles with so much ease. Sometimes allowing your child to be independent means messes but that is ok with me. 
I love when he gets messy doing something he loves because I know he is having a good time. Since my son LOVES getting messy and isn't a fan of me wiping his face and hands I let him "do it himself". It is a way to make getting clean fun. 

Sometimes we use a bowl with water in it and dunk his hands in and he thinks this is the best thing ever. He loves feeling the water and he lets me get his hands and face clean without fussing. Another thing we do is wash his hands at the sink. Anytime he sees the faucet turn on he freaks out and gets very excited. Sure we end up getting wet from all the splashing he does and we don't always have time to do this because we are in a rush but if you want to make something as simple as getting your baby's hands and face clean without the fuss let them do it "on their own". They won't even care you are helping them because they are having so much fun.

You May Also Like

0 comments