Smash Cake Session

by - July 12, 2012

A couple weeks ago Branden and I decided to do an at home smash cake photo session. We made the cake and set up the backyard with some decorations we were using for his birthday party and went to work. Let me just tell you it was a mess! I loved every minute of it and I am pretty sure Ace did too. He just stared at the cake and ripped into it. The cake didn't stand a chance.

Before the cake came out

Bubbles while we wait for Daddy

The CAKE!





This is when he finally tasted it, we had to put frosting on his lip to lick

And then he dove right in





Probably one of my favorites


Love this one too



And we're done! 

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. LOL! I love when he goes face first into it! Smash cakes are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of a Smash Cake session. I have never personally done one but I wish I'd had.

    Also I wanted to drop by and let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award so please stop by and "pick up" your award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will work on it and try to get it done by Tuesday.

      Delete
  3. Great job! I can't share the photos I got taken, but here is one of her (on the beginning of this blog) before she smashed her cupcake. http://www.tiffanijedlickaphotography.com/2012/05/olivia-is-one.html

    I love smash cake pics!I am impressed with your at home photo session!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! My twins just turned 1 last week. Have fun! I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog!! I bet you all had a great time celebrating their birthday.

      Delete
  5. Great pics! I love the one where he's diving in, too cute :)

    ReplyDelete