It's a Love Story: Part 1, The Meeting

by - February 14, 2013

With every couple there is a "love story" so to speak. You meet, you fall in love and the rest is history. Branden and I are no different. We met, fell in love, got engaged, got pregnant (oops), had a miscarriage, got married, TTC for over a year and finally had our beautiful son. We have been through a lot in the past 5 years together and yet we have made it through many trials and triumphs stronger than ever. Here is the first part of our love story.

 photo 13_527418402355_5185_n_zps45a8f2b1.jpg
Bran's MySpace profile pic back then.
Branden and I met in a funny way. My best friend Maggie and I were totally freaking out about getting new roommates when our friends were moving out when we were in college. We lived in an apartment complex that matched roommates and since we were in a town we were still fairly new too we didn't know any friends we could ask to move in with us so the apartment complex was able to match us with roommates they thought were a perfect fit. I decided to try to hunt down two cool girls to take the place of our roommates that we totally loved. I looked on MySpace Classifieds and saw an ad for someone looking for a place with 2 bedrooms & 2 bath open. That fit us! I then discovered it was two guys and gave the guy some tips on apartment places in the area that might work for them but that we didn't want guy roommates. The guy I talked to was Branden and I thought he was really cute. He apparently thought the same and friend requested me on MySpace. I accepted but that was about it. We didn't really talk much and didn't for a few months.

Fast forward to that summer when I had planned to go home for the summer and my best friend got stuck with the worst roommates ever! These girls were not just messy but they were slobs. They would leave food all over the house, our apartment had flies and she called me upset on a daily basis. I knew if I were in that situation I would not want to be alone so I told her to give me a week or two and I would come back up there.

In the time I was home Branden and I started randomly chatting on AIM (ha, remember that?) and he was moving near USF where I was living and so we talked about the campus and any other random thing. One night Branden said why don't we just talk on the phone? I was a bit nervous about this since it was weird for me to talk to someone offline who I didn't know. He ended up calling me and that night we talked for 3 hours. The funniest thing we both remember talking about is that show Dinausars.

After that Branden would call me when he would get off work and we would talk on his drive home and he asked to meet me. I was a bit leery but told him I would be in town for a couple of days on Father's Day night. He was also going to be in Tampa signing his lease for his new apartment so he would come meet me before he had work (he was working an overnight shift at a hotel). It was going to be a quick meet up but the only time we both could do it while I was in town.

Maggie and I sat in my room getting ready and were both looking out my window for Branden's car. Right before he got to my apartment it started pouring rain! I was so annoyed since I just just done my hair so Maggie was like put this towel over your head, ha! Super classy.

I ran down to his car since there was no parking near our apartment. I got in and neither of us could think of anything to really do since it was raining so hard and we decided to just drive around and talk before Bran had to go to work. So romantic! haha!

 photo 650_612494978041_2270_n_zpsd1d08493.jpg
After that night I was kind of iffy on if I wanted to go back out with him. I went back to my parents for another week or so before heading back to Tampa for good. I remember my friend Maggie being like just give him another shot, you are so picky! I decided to go for it and we went on another date to go see Transformers. It was right after Branden's birthday and we had both really wanted to see the movie. He came over to pick me up and I remember thinking woah this guy is hot! He was wearing a backwards hat, a button up shirt and ripped jeans. He has this all American boy look with the cutest dimple. We ended up having the best time together that day and from that moment on I was hooked!

How'd you and your partner meet?

Coming soon...Part 2: The Break up & the Make up!





You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Aww so cute Bren! And what a great post for Valentine's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete