by - June 23, 2011

I went to the doctors today and baby is officially head down!! Go baby Ace! He also said that my weight is great and I have done great with keeping it consistent and it's probably the best he has seen in awhile. WOOHOO! Everything is great and I am so glad.
Tomorrow we are going to the Pediatrician's office to see how we like it. Its a place with multiple doctors and has after hours so I hope it is good. It was recommended to me by the two ladies I babysit for. We are also meeting up with a doula to see if we like her and if she can assist with labor. She is a student so she will be doing it for free to help her get her certification. I probably will end up paying her something and making her a thank you basket because I am sure I will be a disaster lol.
Friday I get to see my friend Monica and finally meet her baby JET. Monica and I have the funniest friendship. We met when I was 18 and she was 20. We were hostesses at the Ale House and became instant friends. We had so much in common. Both had older sisters with red hair and older brothers. Funny thing is they both shave their head bald. So we are both the youngest of our families. We also had similar looks. Brown hair, short, and our most common thing we both hated was we were both pretty flat chested lol. We looked about 14 when we were over 4 years old. We started talking about getting implants and eventually ended up getting them a year apart from eachother. This started a trend for us. Everything that seemed to happen with us happened about a year apart! We both died our hair black around the same time not knowing it since we had lost contact until she got myspace. Then she got married just over a year before me then she got pregnant with her son JET just over a year before me. He just had his first birthday and my son is due in just over a month. The funny thing is when we were talking about having babies we talked about baby names before she even knew for sure she was pregnant with JET. Her son's name is Jason Eugene T. Which is why his name is JET. I was like no way the boy name we like is ACE and his name would be Adonis Scott Eugene K. The girl names we both liked? I loved Everleigh and she liked Ave Leigh. Seriously this was like so funny to both of us.
Then she finds out for sure she is pregnant and I was so happy for her. I was like watch me not get pregnant till a year later and with a boy. I think that was another reason I just knew I was having a boy. I swear our lives really our mirror images in a way. Oh and something else that I found funny. When she posted pics of her son when he was born he was laying on her bed and we have the same comforter set! So funny and our husbands have very similar features. I just always find it funny whenever something is so similar with us.
So anyway I get a text from her a couple months ago and she is pregnant again! I joked with her and said you just cursed me with getting pregnant when Ace is 9 months old haha. I am so excited that we are pregnant at the same time since that was what we wanted when she was pregnant with JET, even though we don't live near eachother it's just kind of fun to know your friend is also going through the same thing.
I can not wait to see her Friday. I can't wait to meet JET too. I also can not wait to find out what this baby is! So much awesome stuff going on. It sucks she will be leaving Saturday. I wish she lived closer.
Here is a picture of us when we first became friends. We looked so young!

Me and Monica about 7 years ago

You May Also Like

0 comments