Happy Birthday Christiaan!

by - March 01, 2013

Celebrating our birthdays together last year
It's the first day of March which always kicked off a celebration for my Dad and me. We always joked about celebrating our birthdays the entire month because we are Irish and it's the month with St. Patrick's Day and The Festival of the Green Pig. We also had my Grandpa, cousin, Mike and nephew Christiaan's birthdays all in the same month as well. This is the first year without my Dad and it is killing me.
I even called my brother crying because I was so overwhelmed. It's his oldest son's 14th birthday so at least this day brings something amazing as well. The birth of my first nephew. The kid that was beyond cute and devious and has grown into a great person. He is such a cool kid. My Mom always told me how much she loved Christiaan's hugs when she gave him something and how grateful he was and polite, which is always is. My Dad used to pick on him like every other kid in our family but especially when he was little and there wasn't any other grandkids around to take some of the "torture".
Branden and Chris way back in the day!

When he was about 2 I will never forget how he would lock my best friend Maggie and I out on the back patio at my parents house. Little stinker! He would think he was so funny. I never thought he would grow up to be such an incredible big brother and awesome older cousin. He is amazing with the babies which is really cool to see.

Happy Birthday Chris! We love you! 

Chris with Adonis when he was only a few weeks old




The Best Mom Blogs
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!
post signature

You May Also Like

0 comments