Happy Thanksgiving!

by - November 24, 2011

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. It is Ace's first and we are spending it in Tennessee with Branden's family. I really miss my family but it is nice to be somewhere where it is cold and looks like Fall. We drove up here Monday, it ended up taking 14 hours and Ace slept most of the way, thankfully since he hates the car. Then his brother, sister and brothers girlfriend got here Tuesday and we went to dinner and then his cousin and her husband came over to give us some awesome news.
Then Wednesday we went to Nashville. I have always wanted to go. We went to downtown and had lunch then met up with my friend Heather, who I met on BBC after my miscarriage 3 years ago. She also has a little boy who is a month older then Ace and so it was nice to finally meet her in person. It was funny because her son is a month older but looks so tiny compared to Ace.
After that we went over to the Country Music Hall of Fame and just walked around that area and went up this bridge that was there. It was really pretty over there. Then we came home, had dinner and just hung out.
Today everyone is watching football. I am not a fan. This was not my tradition growing up. We would wake up watch the parade (which we did do this year) and then go to a movie and head to my grandma's and everyone hung out by the pool talking, kids running around or in the pool if it was warm and listening to music. Then we would eat around 4 and sit around and talk some more. I miss Thanksgivings at my grandparents so much. It was my favorite holiday growing up. My grandma was an amazing cook and my grandpa was the sweetest man that there ever was which is why my son is named after him. I think it is nice to be able to share holidays with my family and Branden's but I do think next year we are going to go to a movie like I used to do. Ace is too young this year but maybe next year.
Anyway here are some pictures from our trip so far.

In Nashville

First Thanksgiving! 

Ace and Nathan at Maggie Moos

Nashville

Mr. Handsome ready for the cold! 

You May Also Like

0 comments