Our 5 Favorite Bedtime Books

by - April 04, 2017

Bedtime is one of those times you want to make peaceful and sweet. You want your child to go off to dreamland feeling cozy and calm. One way to do that is creating a bedtime routine and finishing it off with a book or two (or three or four). My children look forward to that bedtime story every single night. Here are some of our all time favorites. 
1. Goodnight Moon. This is probably not a shocker for most parents but I have to put it out there for any new or expecting Moms. This is a book I began reading when Ace was a baby and my kids still love it to this day. The rhyming, repetitive nature is reassuring and calming for them. I always end it with a whisper "Goodnight noises everywhere." to help keep the mood calm and peaceful. 
2. Little Blue Truck. This has got to be one of the cutest books with a great message. We are huge fans of all the Little Blue Truck books (my favorite is Little Blue Truck in the city). This is a story about a truck who helps a rude dump truck and sets an example everyone begins to follow. 
3. That's Not My Bunny. Short, cute and colorful. These books are always fun to read because my kids can easily remember the words, they are textured so they love feeling the animals and they are short. If you have a night where you need to get through a book quickly this is a must. 
4. Wherever You Are, My Love Will Find You. This is probably my all time favorite book for my children to listen to before bedtime. This is actually a book we got from Ashlyn's biological mother and she recorded her voice reading it. It is a very sweet reminder that a Mother's love is always there no matter what. If you are an adoptive Mom and have an open relationship with your child's biological mother I highly recommend this book. It ends with I love and I think that is a great way to end a book. 
5. Pajama Time. Fun and silly! This book is another one I have been reading to my kids since Ace was a baby. It's just such a fun read and it's silly too. I love books that send my children to bed with a smile. 
 
What are your favorite bedtime stories for your little ones? 
Want to save these book titles for later? Pin this image to make it easier to find!
 
facebookinstagramtwitterpinterestbloglovin

You May Also Like

0 comments