Everly's Cinderella First Birthday Party

by - April 01, 2015

Last week was Ace's Spring Break and Everly's first birthday. To say we were busy is an understatement. Get ready for picture overload. 
Friday my best friend Kat, her Mom and her girls came down to stay with us and help with Everly's party prep. I wanted to do a dessert theme party so Kat made all these cute desserts. We did a Cinderella theme so everything was girly and princess-y. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect party for her. 












I decided that instead of goody bags I wanted to give the kids crowns, tutus, wands, shields and princess beach balls. I figured it was more fun for them to dress up and play pretend then have a bunch of junky toys that their parents will just throw away when they get home (I am totally guilty of this). 









We also had a Cinderella come to entertain the children. I had the hardest time finding a company that had really nice looking princesses for a good price and fun activities for the party. The majority just had really poor looking princesses but when I saw Princess Party Productions site I was floored with how gorgeous the costumes and princesses were! No straggly hair and skimpy dresses (yes, there were Elsa's with skimpy dresses out there). They also offered simple face painting for no extra charge. Since we had a bunch of 3 year olds they were so excited and didn't care it was crazy face painting options. My favorite was the butterfly.
After she did face painting she read the story of Cinderella, my kids love books so this was a must, then she sang a couple songs. After that it was time to do cake so she stuck around and sang Happy Birthday to Everly. She was very sweet to all the children and made sure to take pictures with anyone who wanted to. And can we talk about her voice?! I was blown away. 
After Cinderella left we tried to have Everly do her smash cake. She had taken a good nap so when she started crying I was surprised. Then my sister noticed Everly was getting her first tooth!! There was a big white bump and sure enough a tooth popped through the next day or two. Poor girl. We gave her some pain medicine and she was happy after that. All the kids played in the backyard and the adults just hung out. It was a pretty laid back party. 
After everyone had left we decided to try Everly's smash cake and she went to town!!! It was seriously so funny watching her eat it. She would try to pick the whole cake up, not to shove it in her mouth mind you, she just wanted to pick it up. After she was done she started walking around the backyard and saw our neighbors in the pool a couple houses down and started "talking" to them. I don't know what it was about that moment but it was just so funny to me. She just has the silliest personality. 
Party Details
Cake & Treats made by my best friend Kat and her Mom
Crown on cake made by my sister
Everly's headband: Similar
Everly's crown: Love Crush Bowtique
Party Favors Wands & Crowns: Oriental Trading
Ashlyn's yellow tutu: sold out, similar in pink
Ashlyn's Snow White Vogue Tank homemade by my friends mother in law
Ashlyn's Headband: Similar
Everly's outfit: Homemade by Kat
Cute blue skirts here and here
Pink & Blue Skirt on Dress Form: Zulily, similar here
Dress Form: Similar here and here
My Bippidi Boppidi Boo top: Lauren Conrad
Happily Everly After sign made by Kat
"E" made by me
Birdcage around "E" borrowed from my sister
Check out my Cinderella Birthday Pinterest board where I got most of the decoration ideas.

You May Also Like

0 comments