Update on My Pregnancy with E!

by - February 27, 2014

Hey everyone!

I had a doctor appointment this week and am 36 weeks. I wanted to update you all on some bummer news.

Miss Everly is breech! Yes, she still has time to flip but if not we are looking at a c-section. I am not even entertaining the idea of a breech birth and wouldn't be able to do it anyway since I am considered high risk. After Ace came out not breathing and being stuck for awhile and it took them 4 minutes to revive him there is no way I am risking that happening with Everly.

If I have a c-section I will be disappointed in a way because I know I will have a harder recovery which means a harder time holding my girls.

I feel like poor Ashlyn is going to get the hard end of this. She is my shadow, I hold her all day, she hangs out with me and we sit together and she will sleep on me. I just get really upset thinking about that being difficult after this. I knew she would have to share me with Everly but I imagined being able to hold both of them and when Everly slept or whatever playing with her and holding her. I guess you aren't supposed to hold anything bigger than your newborn. AHH I just get so upset thinking about it.

It will all work out and it's definitely something I just had to tell myself will pass and I will forget it but it still bums me out. I just hope that it won't be as bad as I am thinking with not being able to hold Ashlyn as much. Thankfully she is at an age where she get be propped up on a pillow in front of me and we can talk and play and she loves that but I don't want her to need me to hold her and I can't.

I go next Wednesday to the doctors for an ultrasound to check to see if she has flipped. I am going to try some different things to hopefully get her in the right position but my short torso might work against me. My doctor was super sweet and optimistic and said the fact that she is still moving around a lot means she could flip but of course I had to go and ask what happens if she doesn't flip. She looked at me and said then it's a c-section. She knew I really didn't want that, obviously and they aren't ones to jump the gun on that one there so I knew she was trying to just be positive and not mention it just yet.

Heres hoping she flips and if not, heres hoping everything with Everly and me goes well! I trust my doctors and have so much faith in them so I just need to try to not stress it. Thankfully I have had some amazing girls give me advice on what to expect and what to do to make it less painful. I am a lucky girl to have so many people who care about us!


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm sorry that you have to worry about that! I hope she turns around and you have an easy, natural labor!!

    xo,
    Mariamma

    ReplyDelete