My Pregnancy with Everly

by - February 17, 2014

I feel like I have completely failed at keeping track of this pregnancy.

Poor Everly, she is going to have major third child syndrome.
 photo 1380783_10102183069218631_1623138982_n_zps87c49c1f.jpg
So first of all this pregnancy has been crazy different from Ace's.

I felt so sick the first trimester. It was awful. It was that "forever feeling like I could throw up but can't" feeling 24/7. If I could have just thrown up I think I would have been good but nope, my body refused to allow any relief.
 photo 21weeks02287686180401_1894819144_n_zps5115f529.jpg
I also gained weight right off the bat and had a belly. Not cool, Everly, not cool!
Thankfully my weight gain has actually been the same I guess I just gained it faster in the beginning than I did the first time and kept steady after that.

The saddest difference is I have gotten my first stretch marks on my stomach, sigh. At first I got one and it was maybe an inch and a half, no big deal. I was actually kind of like hmm this is kind of cool like I have one piece of proof of my last pregnancy but now I have 2 more under it and they are small so I am not freaking out yet but if these effers get bigger I will cry into a pint of ice-cream.

 photo 28weeks5days02442674821921_859497488_n_zps0b925a65.jpg
Actually speaking of ice-cream, that isn't happening because I have gestation diabetes. I know, lets all take a moment to realize what this means for a hungry pregnant woman. I had such a sweet tooth this pregnancy, nothing like Ace's where I ate more of meats and cheeses. I am hoping after this little girl pops out this is all just a sad little memory.

I don't think much else has been different other than those things. I am not as big of a rush to get her here like I was with Ace. Ace was 3 weeks early and yes, it was nice to not have to deal with those last weeks of pregnancy since it was a horribly hot summer, it was still rough having a baby who was just not ready to be here.

 photo 31weeks02492558749131_1131382912_n_zps543fc917.jpg
I can see a huge difference in Ace's personality when he was a newborn and Ashlyn's who was born right on her due date. I know they are two different babies but I think because he had a few issues those 3 weeks or even maybe another week or two would have done him some good.

I am also not ready to have Ashlyn share me. She is such an incredible baby and I know she will adjust really well but I still love being able to just cuddle her all day while Ace is at school and not have anyone else there to distract me from that.
 photo 33weeks381_1347959218_n_zps59c223c9.jpg
So that is pretty much my summary of this pregnancy. Hopefully there isn't anything too exciting that goes on from here on out.

Were your pregnancies different or the same?


Image Map


You May Also Like

0 comments