That Stay at Home Dad Gig

by - September 07, 2015

 

As I mentioned here I am back to work! I am seriously loving it. When I first decided to go back to work I was only working part-time on a temporary basis. Branden was working and we were like ships passing in the night. It sucked. Nothing was getting done and we were both exhausted. 
When I got the official notice I would be working full time in the Fall I begged Branden to stay home with the kids. Ace was starting the VPK program so his school would then be free. This would cut back a huge chunk of money we paid a month. 
We originally talked about having someone come for a couple hours each day in between the time I was still at work and Branden was heading to work. 
A picture Bran sent me while I was at work
I thought about it a lot and I just couldn't handle it. I knew it would mean Branden and I would not see each other the majority of the time. Weekends would be him working and me with the kids. We could forget about family time. It also gave me a lot of anxiety thinking about someone coming in and watching the girls and me not knowing what was going on. I used to not stress this as much but I hear and see so many horror stories now that I just couldn't do it. I have people I trust to take care of my children and none of them would have been able to do those hours. It just made more sense for Branden to stay with them. 
Fast forward to now and I am loving our new situation. Branden is much more domestic than me anyway so it works out better. He rocks at being a stay at home Dad. Ace had M&M day at school and while I was at a meeting for work he was busy getting his outfit ready. 
The first week I sent my girlfriends a picture of the laundry he did because I was so excited I didn't even have to think about it. I am such a procrastinator with that kind of stuff. I feel so fortunate that I have this guy to call mine. I feel guilty at times because maybe I should be more that way. With my friends usually they are the ones who do all this stuff which is generally why I am the hot mess when it comes to anything to do with the house. I mean lets not forget about my ironing mishap.
Making dinner with Ace and the girls hanging out with us in the kitchen while Daddy gets a break 
I am really loving our situation right now. I love my job so much and I love being able to come home and be with my husband and babies. I know this probably won't always be our reality. I am sure Branden will want to go back to work but for now I am really loving this. 
And I hope he knows how much I appreciate him staying home with our crew. I know it isn't easy, especially with three kids and two of them being the same age. So in case I haven't said it enough, THANK YOU BRANDEN!
Make sure you check out the latest GIVEAWAY now! 


You May Also Like

0 comments