Story Story of Our Girls: The Beginning

by - July 14, 2015

I get a lot of questions about my girls. One of the main things people ask about is which baby did we know about first? Did we decide to adopt then magically become pregnant? How did you end up adopting Ashlyn? I decided to do a series of posts on our girls to help people understand the 9 months it took us to become our complete family. 

The Beginning
This day two years ago I felt a little dizzy and funny. I realized it was the same feeling I had had before and ran upstairs to take a pregnancy test. I took the test and messed around on my phone for a bit. I went back in the bathroom totally expecting a negative test but saw two lines. 
I actually had that moment where I wanted to find the test package and make sure that was a positive. For some reason that positive test didn't feel real. 
It was two days before Ace turned 2 and we were going to my friend's house the next morning for a play date. I ran to Carters before going to her house to get Ace a "Big Brother" t-shirt and headed to her house. As I got there she was outside and I said "Erin, come look at this cute shirt I got for Ace for his birthday." She looked at it and totally freaked out. Erin, is my favorite person to tell things to because her reactions are always be and hilarious. The entire day she would look at me and say "I can not believe you are pregnant!" 
Later that night I put the shirt on Ace's changing table and asked Branden to give Ace a bath and put the PJ's I had set out for him on. I was sitting in our room listening to him go in there and look at the shirt. He was like "What's this mean?!" haha. 
We waited to tell family in person. I had gone to dinner with my cousins for Branden's birthday and put Ace in the Big Brother shirt and one of my cousins actually thought he had it on for the show Big Brother! It was like the longest time waiting for them to figure it out. 
We were so excited to be adding a little peanut to our family. Little did we know we would be adding TWO little ones to our family within five months! 



You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. I announced my second baby with a shirt, too! I love the start to their story. I can't wait to hear the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy hearing how families came to be - no story is ever the same. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this and loved how you announced the new baby. That is great and your friend sounds wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a nice story love to read this

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! How exciting for you! I loved reading this fun story and thanks for sharing how you told others about the birth of your children!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute i love reasding about your girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely story! Your babies are so beautiful. I would have thought the shirt was for the TV show Big Brother too, lol!

    ReplyDelete