It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

by - October 28, 2016

One of my favorite memories of Elementary school was the day we would go to art class, frost sugar cookies with orange frosting and watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. It is that memory that automatically makes me feel like it is Fall. 
This year the girls are finally old enough where they are really understanding the fun of the holidays. I knew I wanted to do something a little different than just watch the movie on the couch. I wanted to create that consistent memory like I had with watching it at school. So when I saw it was going to be on TV I made sure to have Branden record it for me. 
The next day I picked the kids up from school and I told them we were having a picnic in the living room and watching The Great Pumpkin. Ace then said we had to wear pajamas too so it would be a pajama party. I loved it! We got home, played for a little bit, Ace did some homework then I got the kids in the bath and into pajamas. As a treat Branden got McDonald's happy meals which were Charlie Brown theme. I laid blankets down on the floor and the kids had a little picnic in the living room while watching the movie. It is the perfect movie to do this with on a school night, which is what we did because it is short enough not to run into bed time. It also can hold the girls attention since it is short. I love a good classic. I can't wait for them to all be old enough to sit through Hocus Pocus (Which by the way is on sale for only $3.99! Saywhat?!)
Overall it was a really cute little memory for me and I hope for them. I love making little traditions for my babies. 
What are your traditions with your kids for Halloween?
facebookinstagramtwitterpinterestbloglovin

You May Also Like

0 comments