How to Survive a Baby with Colic

by - March 07, 2016

First I want to thank  Gerber Good Start Soothe Infant Formula and Gerber Soothe probiotic Colic Drops, for sponsoring this post! I had two babies who suffered from colic and it was very difficult. It made me feel like a failure as a mother because I couldn't sooth my baby. Looking back I know there were certain pieces of advice I wish I could give myself to help me through that time. 
1. Don't be afraid to ask for help. This is key. When your baby is constantly crying it can really wear on you. It's ok to ask for someone to come and help you with the baby. People love holding babies so ask a friend or family member to come by and get a little break, even if it's just a well needed nap. 
Everly being worn in the K'tan
2. Wear your baby. Wearing my colicky babies was a life saver. They needed to be held constantly which meant I always had my hands full. Once I started using my wrap it made my life so much easier. 
3. Feedings can be tough. With Ace and Everly feedings were so tough with them. Everly would scream through bottles. She just was so uncomfortable all the time. With Ace his colic didn't last as long so I was still nursing him. With him he found comfort with nursing so he was on me all the time. It was night and day with those two. I wish I had known about Gerber Sooth products. They have Gerber® Soothe Colic Drops for breastfed babies and Gerber® Good Start® Soothe Infant Formula for formula fed babies. Something I could have used for each of my kids. 

4. Get expert advice. Whether you feel that is your doctor, mother, or best friend, don't be afraid to ask them for suggestions. I know it helped me by asking my seasoned Mom friends on what I could do to help my little ones through this colic phase. The best advice I remember getting was wear them and vacuum. The sound and movement helped sooth them. Such good advice! 
 
5. Get out of the house! Just going for a walk and getting fresh air can do wonders for your and your baby. The motion of the stroller (or if you wear your baby, the motion of you walking) will hopefully help your little one stay calm so you can get a good walk in. 
 
Did you have a baby with colic? What advice would you give a new Mom dealing with a fussy, colicky baby? 
facebookinstagramtwitterpinterestbloglovin

You May Also Like

1 comments