Happy Valentine's Day

by - February 15, 2015

How was everyone's Valentine's Day? Mine was great! 

Branden and I took the kids down to the beach in the morning. It was chilly here so we let them play in the sand for a bit. It was the girls first real time playing at the beach. The last time we all went to the beach together was a week or two before Everly was born so Ashlyn was not even 5 months old yet. 


Ashlyn loved the sand. She tried to eat it once but then after that was good about putting it in the bucket. Everly just wanted to walk around and Ace also loved playing in the sand. It was seriously so nice to just watch them play and enjoy themselves. 


After that we got Ace ice cream at this little ice cream place we went to for his birthday with our friends in the summer. He was so excited to get a Sponge Bob ice cream, so cute! 
After that we walked around for a bit but decided to head back home since my cousin was going to watch the kids.


Branden and I decided to go see 50 Shades of Grey. I never read the book so I only knew a little bit about it. I figured it was basically a romance novel but quickly realized it was a really weird story about a man who was neglected and abused with serious control issues. I think I said "this is so weird, I can't handle this" through the majority of the movie. The funny thing is the sex wasn't even the weirdest part for me. I mean that was a bit intense but the way he tried to control Anastasia and his barriers was just sad and tragic. Anyway I still am wondering how women were turned on or attracted to him (in the book). I thought he was a good looking guy till his character ruined it for me. 


Moving on, then we took a nice romantic stroll around Target. I know, my homeland. I mean seriously if you know anything about me you know this made my day, ha! 
Branden and I also got this app called ShopKick and you get "kicks" for walking into stores, scanning things and buying things as well. If you get a certain amount you get gift cards. I already got a Target one. It's pretty cool. If you go to the mall which I did the other day you will get a ton of Kicks. 
You can check it out HERE if you are interested. I am all about some free gift cards.
Even though our Valentine's Day wasn't all that eventful it was probably my favorite yet. I think the fact that we had all our babies with us in the morning, enjoying such a perfect day just made the whole day. I seriously can't believe I am so lucky. 


You May Also Like

0 comments