10 Things I Want My Children to Know

by - September 10, 2014

 photo 10thingsIwantmychildrentoknow_zps2cfa6438.png

As a parent to three little children I always think of things I want to teach them.
I envision their future of having amazing friends, a great love and beautiful children. I know there will be heartache, broken hearts, pain and disappointment but I hope that with all those things they learn that there is so much we can learn from life.
My parents were really good about teaching me that there is disappointment in life or your friends will hurt you and make mistakes but there is also an even bigger part of life that is rewarding and amazing.
So here are my top 10 things I want my children to know.

1. You are beautiful inside and out. Don't let anyone make you feel like you are less than them.

2. If someone puts you down and tries to belittle you that is emotional abuse, it's not okay. 

3. If you get a bad feeling about someone it's ok to walk away or run as fast as you can. You don't always have to be polite if you are uncomfortable (thank you Christel for teaching me this).

4. You don't owe anyone anything. Never let someone manipulate you into doing something for them. 

5. Be happy with yourself first, no one will ever be able to make you happy unless you are happy with yourself first.

6. Be ok being alone. Learn to be comfortable with having time to yourself, cherish it.

7. Don't ever give up. You might fall at times but if you keep going you will get accomplish that goal!

8. I will love you forever. No matter what you do in life I will always love you. You will never truly know this love until you have your own children and I know you will think at times I am too hard on you but it will always be out of love. 

9. Know what you want. People respect those who know what they want out of life. 

10. Say what you mean and mean what you say. This is so important. If you want people to respect you than do this. People will appreciate you being consistent and dependable and if you always do as you say than people will know they can count on you.
Don't forget to enter to win a $150 Visa Gift Card HERE


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. These are such great things to teach your children. Especially #5 and #10. Excellent post!

    Julie @ velvet-rose.net

    ReplyDelete